I’ve been feeling rather drab lately. Call it under the weather or waking up with a funk, on the wrong side of the bed, socks inside-out, underwear over your eyes, or what you will. Okay, granted that last one was a lil strange. >.>
Bottom line is: I just need to DO something. So here it is: my pledge to get off my arse, every week day of every week, and DO something. You people can keep me accountable. Right? Can you? Pleeeeease? I thought so. 🙂
See I keep getting caught up in being stuck inside my apartment. For those of you who don’t know, I am, for all intents and purposes, a home maker. And I love it. I really do. I love the feeling of exhaustion after an hour of hanging new hooks for pots, pans, and lanterns, cleaning up the whole kitchen (complete with moving the refrigerator), scrubbing the floors, vacuuming, getting the trash OUT, a pan of brownies in the oven and the laundry DONE. It makes me feel like super-woman. Really, it does. Try it sometime.
Also, a note to the single ladies: when you get married, your laundry never ends. I’ve always been the simple girl that wears two t-shirts a week with one pair of jeans and is perfectly contented with it. While living at my parents house I was responsible for all of my linens, my parents linens, and my own laundry, which I could get done in a single Saturday while only half paying attention to the laundry. I have to actively keep up with our laundry now. Between business shirts, undershirts, under garments, and SOCKS (oh Lord, the socks) I could drown in the laundry if I don’t keep up with it, and nearly have a few times. (Namely moving). I hear tell from those mommas with the kids (what other kinds of mommas are there?) that the rabbit-laundry keeps a comin after that. Whew. Get in shape now!
But back to accomplishing something. All our lives we have those little nagging wants. For example:
- I want to learn to play the guitar, violin, viola, and maybe the cello.
- I want to hike to the top of a mountain.
- To sleep on a blanket under the stars and not scream “ewwwww” when I wake up and am covered in dew.
- To be o-kay with the strange feeling on the bottom of my feet when I get out of the shower.
- To go backpacking through Europe for at least a month with literally one bag and tons of cash.
- To dance so gracefully that I’m envied.
- To take tango, swing, jive, ballet, and tap lessons.
- To speak at least three languages fluently, but five would be nice.
And the thing is. . . I don’t do ANYTHING to accomplish these things. Really. I just sit at home wishing they’d just fall into my lap. *sighs and stares longingly out window*
So this week I’m taking charge. In between keeping the house spotless, the laundry lion tamed, and communication with friends about to depart for college open, I’m doing something. This week’s goals:
- get all of my current sewing items up on ebay.
- FINISH my “sitting” sewing projects, including a vest to sell, a gambeson for the hubb, and a dress who’s fabric has been sitting in the corner of my living room for far too long. Not to mention a few button repairs.
- Try to find someone interested in a mint condition guitar (barely used) and buy a 3/4 guitar instead. My tiny little hands get carpal tunnel trying to play a g-chord on this guitar. Love it though I do, use it I can not. A 3/4 was mentioned to me earlier this week and I thought to myself “oh yeeeeeeeeeeeah, those doooooo exist!” Duh, Denise. -.-
I think that’s pretty much it. I’m gonna work to get done what I want to accomplish in life. What are you doing to accomplish your bizarre dreams? What are your bizarre dreams? Let me know below. ^.^